Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Old...and THE NEW BEDROOM!



We have lived in our house for about 1 1/2 years now. It just takes so much time and money to get things looking like I want them. So, I am decorating one room at a time to my desired perfection. I have the guest bathroom completed, and now OUR BEDROOM!!! Last year, I made the headboard for our bed, and I have slowly been buying things to complete the room. Thanks to my great husband for buying me a sweet sewing machine for Christmas, I was able to make the curtains. I created the arrangements and just bought a few things here and there, including a night stand of my own. I am now 100% complete with the room and I LOVE IT! It is so nice to go in our room now. It is like our little getaway in our house. After decorating the bedroom I have decided that decorating is where my true passion is. So, after lots of thought I am going to finish my degree in Interior Design.
BEFORE: ghetto and ugly
The only nice thing is the leather chair!

AFTER: ooohhh lah lah
Simple curtains, but they add a nice touch!

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Wow, it looks REALLY good! Great job! You can be like Grace Adler (Will & Grace)!

Alys said...

Should be in a magazine. Definitely should go into design!
And, did you know I have the same background at the moment? Theif!

{lex} said...

Good job Aly! You really have a great talent. Can't wait to see all the other rooms as you finish them.